Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Girl's Safari Dream Cake

Wednesday, March 24th, 2010

Hi everyone...

I know I haven't been keeping up with my blogginessing (is that a word?!?!), but it's been a busy week and a lot has happened... I will do another post to share all the fun things I learned a lot from our first Bakers Expo!...

Well this cake is for the cutest little girl from our church... and she loves animals... her mom, just like I tried with my daughter, tried to let her know how much fun it would have been to have Dora for her birthday cake... but she "stood her ground" lol and here we are making a cake for a cute girl that loves animals... It's funny because we want our baby girls to have the cute pinks and the purples and everything girly girly... and they want animals.... hehehe.... I think that they might become Veterinarians when they grow up... so it's a good incentive and we will encourage them... :-)

Ok... so this cake is a buttery vanilla bean yellow cake with strawberry filling (Ooohh Soo YummY) and the most delicious buttercream you can dream of... all covered with a rich chocolate marshmallow fondant...


Here is the cake... freshly baked and cooled.... then torted and filled... doesn't it look delicious?! I like showing pictures of the step to the end result because it shows you that we take pride in not only the look of the cake, but most importantly the taste of what's under all that prettiness (is THAT a word?)...



After we filled the cake... we iced it with snow white buttery buttercream and the covered that with our homemade chocolate marshmallow fondant... I tend to lean towards homemade fondant instead of store bought fondant, I find that the store bought one doesn't taste as good as when we make it with marshmallow as the base... you get that taste that's so good and familiar to you... so it's one of the things that we pride ourselves in making to ensure that the taste is as good as it looks! :-)


Here is Melman, I know I know... he is NOT Melman but I like to name all my fondant figures...
This Giraffe was so much fun to make... I love how the expression on the face came out... it's so cute... I was originally going to make it standing up... but it was too long and I was afraid it would have collapsed before getting to the venue...so I like this funny sitting position...



Monkeys... well most times... my monkey end up looking like teddy bears... why? I dunnooooo! lol but after a lot of research... and DH explaining that I needed to make the head of curious George bigger... then it all came clear... so this is my best one so far... and the hands look awesome!!
Here is him again, holding a banana and of course another one next to him 'cause he is never happy with just one lol....


This is Simba (you know.. I have to name them lol) and He was a joy to make... I just enjoy getting that paste in my hands and being able to just transform it into something that looks adorable... I loved his cute tail and his chubby face :-)


Here is the finished cake... I was going to just add little stalks (sp?) of grass along the border... but I played with the leaves and liked how they looked going around the cake... The letters are in green and yellow and I like how the yellow really stands out...



This is a close-up of the leave border and the happy birthday letters...

This is another shot of the cake from another angle...


We delivered the cake and they loved it... Which for me is what is all about... I like to make my cakes as close to the delivery date as possible without compromising the quality of the product and we accomplished that for sure... the cake was a buttery yellow cake with our specialty buttercream... strawberry filling and covered with marshmallow fondant (did I mention this already?) I think I did... humm... oh well... just in case you didn't read it before lol....


I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed putting it all together....


I have 2 more cakes that I need to do a post on... but have been working on our Bridal Show and been a little swamped, but bare (or is it bear?) with me and I will post it soon... I promise...


Until Next Time... this is dalis signing off....

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Orders from Natalie Cakes

Recent Orders from Natalie Cakes
Fall Themed Wedding Cake